Graphic Designer | Job Description
Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Marketing Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Howies Hockey, Inc. is a fast growing sporting goods company headquartered in Kentwood, MI with an additional distribution center just outside of Toronto, ON. Our focus is developing & distributing the World’s Highest Quality hockey accessory products to pro shops, retail stores, junior, college, professional teams, and international distributors; along with our expanding internet sales business. We pride ourselves on our strong teamwork-oriented culture, industry leading customer service, and ability to execute effective digital marketing campaigns for all channels – all in support of protecting the Howies premium brand.
Continuing to grow the Howies brand by use of creative thinking, development of captivating images, outstanding photo-editing, and quick assistance in all graphic design aspects.
Create high-level graphic design posts and content that resonates with Howies Hockey Tape's brand voice and images.
Design various types of content, including, but not limited to: social media posts for seasonal sales or product releases, email banners, Facebook ads, GIFs, videos, and all social content for both desktop, mobile, and various social media platforms.
Create artwork for new packaging, retail displays, POP design, and maintaining consistent branding across all merchandise and advertising.
Work in tandem with marketing director to design and develop new apparel to keep the brand fresh.
Be a part of the team that oversees the creation, organization, design, and launch of annual print catalog.
Stays up-to-date with design, photography, social, and digital trends; proposes new technologies and sharing this knowledge with the team.
- Editing and resizing photos for e-commerce website or landing page usage for Howies Hockey and Howies Athletic Tape.
- Editing lifestyle photography for catalog, digital marketing, and other purposes.
- Assisting the sales team in editing custom artwork; converting images from bitmap to vector images and designing game puck templates to use each season.
- Ensures all design layouts are optimized for digital and delivered according to specifications.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Organization of Howies Hockey Tape images and photography folder network.
- Working collaboratively with the marketing team to communicate new ideas and develop campaigns as situations arise.
- Administrative or clerical duties as needed.
- Occasional weekend work and after-hours work when applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required/Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Degree in Progress in Graphic Design or a related field required.
- Proficiency with design software and technologies (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) required.
- Possesses a proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, competing deadlines.
- Ability to function independently and as a productive member in a team-focused environment.
- Have a great attitude while completing multiple tasks with changing priorities and responding to feedback and critique.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Strong analytical skills.