Sales Internship Program
We are looking for a team of 3-4 driven individuals to join our 2021 Internship Program. If you enjoy sports of any kind and are looking to grow in a sales and local business environment, we would love the chance to connect.
Howie’s Hockey Tape is a locally owned business and we have been around for 18 years. Howie himself started the company from his garage with cold calling and we have not stopped growing since! Fast forward a few years and we are currently working with every NHL team, AHL team, and hundreds of D1 and club programs all over the country. Our customer service and reputation are second to none!
6 years ago, we started our sister company, Howie’s Athletic Tape. Now we are able to work with ALL sports! Through various products and services, we have built this side of the company to an elite level that includes some NFL teams, hundreds of D1 programs like Michigan and MSU, and thousands of high schools. We even work with specialized clients such as Athletic Trainers for NASA. Everyone needs tape!
The Internship Program at a Glance:
- Hands on sales training - This will include cold calling, sales techniques, and plenty of calls which are quality experiences for any future sales job. You will also learn from people who have done it for years!
- Incredible company culture - We employ former athletes who are very team oriented. We have cookouts, play hockey together on Tuesdays, and have fun conversations talking sports all day.
- We believe in flexible schedules - We will require a minimum number of hours per week. However, we can work around practice schedules and classes!
- Competitive pay - The more you call, the more you get paid. We believe in rewarding hard work and thus have a money-oriented commission structure.
- “The Intangibles” – We are looking for a growth-minded attitude, a friendly personality, and an overall fit with our culture.
- A business and sales background are preferred but not required. However, you must be willing to learn!
- Hard work requires no previous experience, but it is a must over here.
- Willing and able to work at least 10 hours a week.
Here at Howie’s, we take the phrase "Work Hard, Play Hard" very seriously. When we're not busy taking care of our customers, we're busy playing hockey and having a good time. It's only right that we have our own men's league team three nights a week at three different rinks. Every now and then in the summer, we'll grab some meats, drinks, and sides and enjoy each other's company during our lunch breaks. When the days are just too perfect to be working, we'll take a quick trip to the driving range, play pick-up basketball, or get some batting practice in at the rec center to stay seasoned for our summer softball league. In the wintertime, we'll crack a couple of cold ones and watch the Red Wings or even go to a Grand Rapids Griffins game downtown. All in all, we're always up for a good time, both in and out of the office.
If you enjoy being a part of a team-oriented culture, we would love to bring you on board!
Interested? Call Joe at the office: 1-877-494-3212 or send him an email: firstname.lastname@example.org