Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator | Job Description
Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Functions: Marketing, Sales
Howies Hockey, Inc. is a fast growing sporting goods company headquartered in Kentwood, MI with an additional distribution center just outside of Toronto, ON. Our focus is developing & distributing the World’s Highest Quality hockey accessory products to pro shops, retail stores, junior, college, professional teams, and international distributors; along with our expanding internet sales business. We pride ourselves on our strong teamwork oriented culture, industry leading customer service, and ability to execute effective digital marketing campaigns for all channels – all in support of protecting the Howies premium brand.
Rep and grow the Howies brand by managing and creating outstanding content on social media and providing a seamless customer experience to end users and wholesale customers.
Social Media Management
Responsible for growing our brand across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and YouTube.
Monitor relevant topics, industry happenings, and brand mentions on all social platforms.
Foster social conversations and audience interactions on weekdays and weekends – responding as quickly as possible in order to build engaged, customer service centric communities on all social platforms.
Understand and interpret key social media metrics and KPIs to draw insights and evaluate effectiveness in real-time to adapt tactics to optimize future campaigns across all digital channels.
Stay up-to-date with social “best practices” while providing thoughtful leadership on emerging platforms and trends for adoption where appropriate to keep brand at the forefront of social media development.
Responsible for the Howies brand voice – ensuring that it is consistent and aligns with our company objectives and provides a positive customer journey.
E-Commerce & Marketing
- Manage content for the website by updating material, monitoring for errors, adjusting page layouts, and coordinating website changes with marketing director.
- Excellent written and oral skills to work collaboratively with marketing director to write blogs, emails, update product descriptions, and creative long-form written content for annual print catalog.
- Oversee social media as it relates with e-commerce website platform to increase sales by ensuring landing pages, product pages, links, and backlinks are current and accurate.
- Be the face of Howies Hockey Tape at trade shows and other events on weekdays, weeknights and weekends as needed throughout the year.
Wholesale Customer Specialist & Lead Generation
- Utilize social media platforms to generate customer leads, create upsell opportunities, and develop leverage to be used in tandem with sales team.
- Engage with customers and clients on social media, on the phone, over email, and in-person when applicable and create a positive experience for anyone that interacts with the brand.
- Identify and build relationships with key clients to help execute partnerships, increase sales, and amplify both the Howies Hockey Tape brand collaboratively with clients at the retail level.
- Answer phones, handle general email inquiries, and in-person customer interactions when applicable.
- Work alongside sales team, warehouse team, graphic design team, and other members of the marketing team to assist in any or all projects when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required/Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Business Marketing, Communications, or Sports Management is preferred.
- Experience with social media platforms or direct to consumer businesses.
- Proven ability with written & oral communication.
- Excellent project management & teamwork skills.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, and Notes).
- Ability to bring a high degree of energy & enthusiasm every day.
- Proficiency in social media management tools (Buffer or Hoot Suite) preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Light Room) a plus, but not required.
- Experience in photography and videography a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in CRM systems (Sales Pad) and e-commerce platforms (Shopify) a plus, but not required.